5 tips for staying healthy while traveling
- Food, you cannot out exercise a poor diet. Rule of thumb when dinning out is; boiled, steamed, and roasted foods are your friend and fried foods are your enemy! If you are eating on the go, remember this, if it can sit on the self for a long time, it will sit in your body for a long time. We want to eat fresh!
- Water, drink as much of it as you can. To often in our day we reach our daily sugar intake by what we drink alone. That is scary considering any sugar ingested after you reach your daily limit turns into fat. Drink water, if you can. Avoid soda at all costs, both diet and regular.
- Workout, most hotels are outfitted with some type of gym. Although most are barely littered with anything that resembles fitness equipment. Although, there are the occasional diamonds in the rough. BodyFly Fitness has invented a revolutionary fitness machine. The BodyFly weighs only 25 lbs, stores easily in the trunk and in tight spaces, making the machine totally portable. They promise an effective workout in just 30 minutes. And lets face it, when you are out of town; trying to find a gym, and get a good workout in is just draining. The BodyFly eliminates that hassle.
- Sleep, we need sleep, even as adults. Lack of sleep leads to weight gain and high blood pressure. Sleeping while traveling can be next to impossible sometimes, but knowing you need your sleep to maintain that waistline is important.
- Fun, not only on the road, but in anything you do, find happiness and joy. You are on the road, and have opportunity to see something you’ve never seen, and do things you’ve never done; take advantage of that, and do it with a smile and an open mind!
“Fitness is not a destination, rather a journey; in which we are constantly striving for the body we want, not the body we have.”